Skip to main content
What is the CDA?
- The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE) and is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement in ECE.
- The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is based on a core set of competency standards, which guide early care professionals as they work toward becoming qualified teachers of young children. The Council works to ensure that the nationally-transferable CDA is a credible and valid credential, recognized by the profession as a vital part of professional development.
How do I get started?
- Send official transcripts to Henry Ford College (must be sent directly from school or college).
- Apply to Henry Ford College online: https://my.hfcc.edu/RegForms/application_frame2.asp.
- Apply for financial aid by either:
- Complete registration by contacting Bernita Bradely, Engagement & Outreach for Excellent Schools Detroit, at 313.638.0084 x33 or firstname.lastname@example.org.